We are talking about approximately 25,000 people who live in Sylvan Springs in Alabama, USA.
The black community is significant, but different minorities live in harmony with each other. That's why all sorts of events occur, demonstrating how multifaceted life can be in this small American town.
At one point, it came to a controversy about genetically modified plant-based seeds that were supposed to be cultivated by Monsanto Company, which made the population aware of protecting their natural surroundings and should not speed up production simply because big enterprises are involved.
Alabama has taken several ecological measurements over time, such as the use of natural energy sources or recycling water that shall be turned into clean drinking water.
The desire for healthy living is also reflected in the past when the city was known as a spa destination. To maintain this tradition, there are still several holistic treatments that promote well-being and relaxation and herbal medicines.
Let's take a closer look at all the facets of life in this town:
- According to residents, Sylvan Springs has always been a place full of natural energy sources which you can feel everywhere. For example, it is effortless to recharge your physical or mental batteries in this idyllic spot because there are several places where you can enjoy soothing massages, calming baths, and revitalizing therapies.
- Of course, these services require additional costs, but they're worth every penny if you ask me because the providers only use unique products which are free of any chemicals and are not tested on animals.
- Furthermore, the city offers several activities as part of leisure time such as theatre performances, different sporting events, or simply relaxing in one of the parks that provide a great view over the surroundings.
- Even if you don't like heat and sun at all, there's still something for you: Sylvan Springs is also known for its wide variety of restaurants and bars where you can enjoy delicious meals and refreshing beverages (especially during the summertime).
- There are a lot of clubs with different styles ranging from folk to heavy metal music because it is an excellent place for young people who want to party until dawn. Last but not least, it has become trendy among tourists who visit Alabama to see the nearby national parks and reserves in a more intimate setting.
Even though Sylvan Springs is a lively place, many events will appeal to families with children because they have their festival held every spring.
In 2016, the theme was 'there's no place like home, and visitors could enjoy several quizzes about magic potions from Harry Potter films. They had the opportunity to look at owls up close, try out different workshops related to plants, and even buy souvenirs at several shops that were transformed into Hogsmeade Village during this time.
There's a small town that has been doing it right for generations. Sylvan Springs, Alabama, is where natural energy sources are as abundant as the activities and events within leisure time.
And while some may be content to spend an afternoon relaxing in one of many parks or enjoy some excellent food from one of many restaurants, those who love excitement will find what they're looking for from clubs playing everything from folk music to heavy metal music on into the wee hours of the morning.
- A town that is committed to the environment
- Unique activities all year round
- Great food for everyone's taste
- You can meet lots of locals who are proud of their city and will answer any questions you might have about the place
- If you're part of a family, there's also something for your little ones, such as festivals every spring.
In the city of Sylvan Springs in Alabama, no weed seeds are allowed to grow. If a citizen spots a single dandelion or other weed seed sprouting from the ground, they can ask their mayor for help eliminating it. All citizens have been asked to join in this effort—to stop weeds from growing, and allow only food crops to grow, like vegetable seeds and herb seeds.
The current mayor of Sylvan Springs was elected into the office five years ago, promising that he would rid the city of any weed seeds. No one knows how he achieved his promise, which he made during the campaign, but as soon as he was elected, he started working towards achieving it. He now makes this promise every election season and is always reelected as mayor.
Every citizen is required to plant at least one vegetable seed in their backyard garden every year. The city council, as well as the mayor, refused to disclose which seeds were allowed and which were not allowed.
No marijuana seeds are allowed, though—this much every citizen knows for sure. Citizens have been so busy planting vegetables, herbs, and many different types that no one has had time or reason to ask about other kinds of seed.
The farmers outside of Sylvan Springs who sell products to the city only receive income if they allow the mayor and a small group of men from his community service organization "City Farms" onto their private property once a month, where they dig up any fruits or vegetables that sprout from the ground that was recently planted with non-vegetable seeds.
The mayor and "City Farms" claim that they are doing this because there is a shortage of food, and the non-vegetable seeds, take away from the amount of food available to citizens.
They also claim that it is their responsibility as citizens to keep their city beautiful and weed-free.
One would be hard-pressed to find a more picturesque town or one as well maintained as the city of Sylvan Springs, Alabama. With its beautiful garden-like appearance and clear blue skies, there is no doubt that this could very well be heaven on earth.
Take a moment to stop and observe your surroundings after you first enter this quaint little burg. You will notice people walking their dogs everywhere, often with their children riding along on tricycles or ponies, which brings us right back around to talking about how charming this place is.
It's truly incredible to see the eternal joy of the children that are almost always smiling and laughing as they squeal with glee on their brightly colored pony rides.
As you may know, there is one sure-fire way to accurately measure how clean a place is; by observing its water sources.
The city of Sylvan Springs has not failed in this regard; all of the rivers, ponds, and faucets here are crystal clear and brimming with life-giving water.